Monday, September 22, 2008

BeauSoleil is Comin' Into Town

Mary Chapin Carpenter wrote about them and the song is quite infectious.  From the first licks of the fiddle, you are automatically tapping your feet and at least for me, I want to get up and do a jig.  It's easier for me when I'm alone, but soon and very soon, I might not be able to control myself from getting on the dance floor.  They are coming to the Stephens Center and I'm sorta pumped.

beausoleil_web.jpg

Perhaps you've heard this song. My first introduction to BeauSoleil was in a song called "Down at the Twist and Shout."  Having been a long time fan of Mary Chapin, she turned me into a long time fan of BeauSoleil.  I can't wait for the Cajun beat, the dance lessons by ACME Dance, and the party atmosphere that only the Stephens Center can provide.  If you've never been to a season opening party, this will be the one to make it an annual tradition for you.

cajun-dancers2.jpg

As Carpenter writes:
"And there ain't no cure for my blues today
Except when the paper says: Beausoleil is coming into town
Baby let's go down."

To see video, click here.

Come on down to the ASC and cut a rug with me. Call me (or Mike or Randi or Bryan) at 975-2787.

My name's Heath, I sell tickets and I approve this message.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your comments and sorry I missed BeauSoleil especially since they came highly recommended based on Mary Chapin Carpenter--my all time favorite musician/songwriter. I saw her in B'ham years ago at Oak Mtn. and she was great. Do you think there is a possibility of getting her to the ASC? I saw Nickel Creek at the AL Theatre and they got down off the stage and sang acappella on their last song of the night - it was absolutely unbelievable! I was out of town when NC came to ASC. Another good group that gave a fabulous performance At AL Theatre was Train - heard they are broken up? Tricia

    ReplyDelete