Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MINNELLI A DOWN-TO-EARTH DIVA AT HEART

San Diego’s North County Times just interviewed Liza in anticipation of her performance there. Here’s one of our favorite Q&A’s from the interview.


County Times: You poked fun at yourself on a recent "Snickers" bar television commercial, acting the diva with Aretha Franklin. Do you often find worshipful fans treating you like a queen?


LIZA: I thought the "Snickers" commercial was so funny. People do treat me as if I'm royalty until they meet me, then they see I'm just Liza. It's funny, I know a lot of real royalty and they're very down to earth because they were born into it. I was born into Hollywood royalty (her parents were Judy Garland and Vincent Minnelli), and there's nothing to be snobby about. You just do your job and live your life.


Read more of the interview.


Watch commercial.



No comments:

Post a Comment