Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Diary of a Cowardly Lion- Entry Four

Dear Alys,

Costumes can be fun for an actor. The costumes for this show are way cool. When I say “way cool,” I mean that Melody Taylor as Dorothy, Stephen French as the Scarecrow, Ron Valentine as the Tin Man, Ron Bourdages as the Narrator, Ginny S. Loggins, Gabrielle Metz, Darrell Revel, Jessica Holdnak, Mark Kunkel and Edward Gurney as various other memorable characters all look incredible. Cool also has another meaning and that does not fit my costume at all. I think it looks good, but it is WARM underneath all that fur. It’s the price you pay for looking good. I have to give props to Mary Gurney and Janelle Cochran for their wonderful work on these costumes. I have worked with both of these fine ladies a number of times and they are really the best in Birmingham. When you come see the show, and I know you will, you’ll get to see their wonderful craftswomanship.

We have one more night of rehearsal before we open tomorrow. Jerry has gotten wonderful performances out of each one of these fine actors. The guy is talented. The cast is talented. The crew is talented. It’s a show not to be missed. One more post after we open tomorrow and then it's up to you to come see the magic.

Cowardly,
The Lion

1 comment: