Monday, August 3, 2009

How I plan to see twenty shows this season for $17 each

Ok, it's season ticket time again; time to show our support for local arts presenters; time to vote with our wallets for the performances they have scheduled for our enjoyment. There are so many great companies presenting great shows here that it is hard to choose, but here are the selections that I want to see and consider to be good values for my money (all prices include fees, where applicable):

Alys Stephens Center Red Hot & Jazz Series, three performances, $75 (with a 10% UAB discount)
Alabama Symphony 7 Series, four performances, $55 (includes pre-concert cocktails and after-party)
Alabama Ballet Your Way Series, four performances, $62
Opera Birmingham series, four performances, $65
Aldridge Repertory Theatre Inaugural Series (BRAND NEW!), five performances, $80

This gives me a good mix of music, dance and theatre for $340, averaging $17 for each of the twenty shows. I will ask to have my tickets kept at Will Call, so I don't misplace them or forget to take them to the show.

Here are their website links, so you can get your tickets, too. Do it now, before the best seats are gone!
www.alysstephens.org
www.alabamasymphony.org
www.alabamaballet.org
www.operabirmingham.org
www.aldridgerep.org

See you there,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment